A Welcome Message
All Statutory Information
Acceptable Usage Policy EYFS/KS1
Acceptable Usage Policy KS2
Nursery Class Information
Nursery 'Remote Learning Provision' Spring 2021
Nursery 'Lockdown' Provision (Summer 2020)
Reception Class Information
Reception 'Remote Learning Provision' Spring 2021
Reception 'Lockdown' Provision (Summer 2020)
Year 1 Class Information
Year 1 'Remote Learning Provision' Spring 2021
Year 1 'Lockdown' Provision (Summer 2020)
Year 2 Class Information
Year 2 Phase 3 Provision Summer 2021
Year 2 'Remote Learning Provision' Spring 2021
Year 2 'Lockdown' Provision (Summer 2020)
Year 3 Class Information
Year 3 Phase 3 Provision Summer 2021
Year 3 'Remote Learning Provision' Spring 2021
Year 3 'Lockdown' Provision (Summer 2020)
Year 4 Class Information
Year 4 'Remote Learning Provision' Spring 2021
Year 4 'Lockdown' Provision
Year 5 Class Information
Year 5 Phase 3 Provision Summer 2021
Year 5 'Remote Learning Provision' Spring 2021
Year 5 'Lockdown' Provision (Summer 2020)
Year 6 Class Information
Year 6 Phase 3 Provision Summer 2021
Year 6 'Remote Learning Provision' Spring 2021
Year 6 'Lockdown' Provision (Summer 2020)
Anti - Bullying
Latest News (Inc: Newsletters)
PE & School Sports
PE Provision during COVID 19
School Council, Online Safety Committee & Eco Council
Online Safety Committee
SMSC & British Values
George Fentham Endowed School
Acceptable Usage Policy - Parent & Pupil Consent Form (KS2 - Year 3 to Year 6)
As part of our Safeguarding procedures, we ask all parents/carers to complete the following form - The Acceptable Usage Policy (which covers how children are required to use school technology and the expectations around accessing information online).
This form is for all children entering Years 3 to 6 (You will not have to redo this form each year, this will cover the remainder of their time at George Fentham). If you wish to change your choices at any stage, please contact the school office who will be happy to amend these accordingly.
Please take the time to complete this form. We need your agreement and consent in order for your child to be able to use school technology (desktop or laptop computers, tablets etc).
You will need to complete a separate form for each child.
Indicates required field
Pupils/Parents/Carers: The Policy (KS2)
Digital technologies have become integral to the lives of children and young people, both within schools and outside school. These technologies provide powerful tools, which open up new opportunities for everyone. They can stimulate discussion, promote creativity and stimulate awareness of context to promote effective learning.
Young people should have an entitlement to safe internet access at all times.
This Acceptable Usage Policy is intended to ensure:
- That young people will be responsible users and stay safe while using the internet and other communications technologies for educational, personal and recreational use.
- That school systems and users are protected from accidental or deliberate misuse that could put the security of the systems and users at risk.
- That parents and carers are aware of the importance of online safety and are involved in the education and guidance of young people with regard to their on-line behaviour.
The school will try to ensure that pupils have good access to digital technologies to enhance their learning and will, in return, expect the pupils to agree to be responsible users. A copy of the Pupil Acceptable Use Policy is attached to this permission form, so that parents/carers will be aware of the school expectations of the young people in their care.
Parents are requested to sign the permission form below to show their support of the school in this important aspect of the school’s work.
Pupil: The Agreement (KS2)
I understand that I must use school systems in a responsible way, to ensure that there is no risk to my safety or to the safety and security of the systems and other users.
For my own personal safety:
- I understand that the school will monitor my use of the computer systems/internet.
- I will keep my username and password safe and secure – I will not share it and will not try to use any other person’s username and password. I understand that I should not write down or store a password where it is possible that someone may steal it.
- I will be aware of “stranger danger”, when I am communicating on-line.
- I will not disclose or share personal information about myself or others when on-line (this could include names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, age, gender, educational details etc )
- I will immediately report any unpleasant or inappropriate material or messages, or anything that makes me feel uncomfortable, when I see it on-line.
I understand that everyone has equal rights to use technology as a resource and:
- I understand that the school systems and devices are only meant for educational use and that I will not use them for personal or recreational use unless I have permission.
- I will not use the school systems, or devices, for any unauthorised activities (e.g. on-line gaming or file sharing), unless I have permission of a member of staff to do so.
I will act as I expect others to act toward me:
- I will respect other children’s work and will not access, copy, remove or otherwise alter any other child’s files, without their knowledge and/or permission.
- I will be polite and responsible when I communicate with others - I will not use strong, aggressive or inappropriate language and I appreciate that others may have different opinions.
- I will not take or distribute images of anyone without their permission.
I recognise that the school has a responsibility to maintain the computer systems/ internet access it offers me and to ensure the safe, smooth running of the school:
- I will only use my own personal devices (USB sticks/CDs etc) in school if I have permission (In accordance with the Mobile Devices Policy). I understand that, if I do use my own devices in the school, I will follow the rules set out in this agreement, in the same way as if I was using school equipment.
- I understand the risks and will not try to upload, download or access any materials which are illegal, inappropriate or may cause harm or distress to others.
- I will not try to use any programmes or software that might allow me to bypass the filtering/security systems in place.
- I will immediately report any damage or faults involving equipment or software, however this may have happened.
- I will not open any hyperlinks in emails or any attachments to emails, unless I know and trust the person/ organisation who sent the email, or if I have any concerns about the safety of the email (due to the risk of the attachment containing viruses or other harmful programmes).
- I will not install or store programmes of any type on any school device and I will not try to alter computer settings.
- I will not access social media sites in school.
When using the internet for research or recreation, I recognise that:
- I should make sure that I have permission to use the original work of others in my own work.
- Where work is protected by copyright, I will not try to download copies (including music and videos).
- When I am using the internet to find information I will take care to check that the information that I access is accurate, as I understand that the work of others may not be truthful and may be a deliberate attempt to mislead me.
I understand that I am responsible for my actions, both in and out of school:
- I understand that the school also has the right to take action against me if I am involved in incidents of inappropriate behaviour, that are covered in this agreement, when I am out of school and where they involve my membership of the school community (examples would be online-bullying, use of images or personal information).
- I understand that if I fail to comply with this Acceptable Usage Policy Agreement, my actions will be fully investigated by the school. This may include loss of access to the school network/internet, contact with parents and, if necessary, involvement of the police.
This form relates to the pupil Acceptable Usage Agreement, to which it is attached.
Please complete the sections below to show that you have read, understood and agree to the rules included in the Acceptable Usage Agreement. If you do not sign and return this agreement, access will not be granted to school systems.
I have read and understand the attached and agree to follow these guidelines when:
- I use the school systems and devices (both in and out of school)
- I use my own devices in the school (when allowed) e.g. USB devices, CDs, cameras etc.
- I use my own equipment out of school in a way that is related to me being a member of this school eg; communicating with other members of the school, accessing school email, messaging, websites and Remote Learning etc.
CHILD: By typing your child's full name in the box below, and clicking submit, you are providing an electronic signature that confirms you have discussed the agreement with them and that they agree to the information above.
Parents/Carers: The Agreement (KS2)
As the parent/ carer of the above pupil, I give permission for my son/ daughter to have access to the internet and to ICT systems at school.
I know that my son/daughter has signed an Acceptable Usage Agreement and has received, and will continue to receive, online safety education to help them understand the importance of safe use of technology and the internet – both in and out of school.
I understand that the school will take every reasonable precaution, including monitoring and filtering systems, to ensure that young people are safe when they use the internet and systems. I also understand that the school cannot ultimately be held responsible for the nature and content of materials accessed on the internet and using mobile technologies.
I understand that my son’s/daughter’s activity on the systems will be monitored and that the school will contact me if they have concerns about any possible breaches of the Acceptable Use Policy.
I will encourage my child to adopt safe use of the internet and digital technologies at home and will inform the school if I have concerns over my child’s online safety
PARENT: By typing your full name in the box below, and clicking submit, you are providing an electronic signature that confirms your agreement with the information above.
Tall oaks from little acorns grow.